Star Wards Chapter 2

Thursday, June 13, 2013

favorite machine


This is my favorite machine at the shop.  It puts such a pretty professional hem in delicate fabric. Olive it!!  About a week and a half ago, Sis. D wanted me to oil it. At the top of the machine there is a gold tube where the oil goes in. Oiling your sewing machine is key to proper machine function. Sis. D told me to fill it up...so I kept filling up the tube and the oil ran down, like it was really thirsty.  I thought there was a reservoir like some of the self oiling machines have, so when it drank the oil, I filled it back up.  All was well until the oil starting leaking from nearly every opening the machine had.  When I turned the machine on, it spit (more like projectile vomited) oil on me.  I thought that I had broken the machine and was prepared to eat some crow and pony up some dough to have it repaired. Thankfully, after sucking out some of the oil with a syringe and sopping it up with several towels, the machine works much better. The downside is that everything  sewn on it has some type of oil spot on it, which totally bites!  Lesson learned...do not over fill the machine with oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment