Star Wards Chapter 2

Thursday, August 1, 2013

scout camp

Apparently the slush puppies, were what made Clyde's stay bearable at camp this year.
It is hard to believe that Josh is old enough to go to overnight, week long scouts.  He earned 5 merit badges that week. It was wet and humid, but he still had fun. Clyde stayed for the first few days, and then other dads came.  On Thursday night, camp has a family night. I went with the younger 2 wardlings. When Josh saw us, he didn't allow me to come to a complete stop in the van, before he had reached in the car window to hug me.  He said, "When I get home, the first thing I am going to do is shower!" To be honest, I was a bit grossed out that he hadn't really showered for the past 4 days.  However, I was really grossed out when he told me he wore the same socks all week long. I packed him 6 pairs and when I did his laundry, they were still cleanly, wrapped up together. His clothes were dirtier than our 3 complete trek outfits for the 4 of us who went on trek.  Amazing! He didn't just come home with dirty clothes, but athlete's foot as well...gross!

I have learned the differences between girls camp and scout camp. While there are girls who do not shower, boys are indeed stinkier. The scout camp is more relaxed on the boys getting to places with the expectation that they get to class.  The girls have to be led and pampered. Our girls camp, is nice, but it is more of a princess camp. The women of the wards and stake work hard to make sure that everyone is as comfortable as possible. Boys...you are on your own!



No comments:

Post a Comment