Star Wards Chapter 2

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

blue tank

Back in September, we were involved in a car accident. It took us a while to find a new van. I was still pretty shaken and I wanted to feel as though we were driving a tank. We had a new Kia van as a ental. I liked it, but was a bit hesitant to buy another Kia. We drove at least a dozen vans. My favorite was the Toyota Sienna, because it was way cool but more importantly, it felt heavy and safe. We had the same feeling when we drove the van that we ended up buying. It is a heavy car. And now we know that it can take a smack...

While at work on Monday, I heard this awful noise and looked out the sewing room window to discover that someone had hit our new and very parked van. He was texting and looked up when he had hit the van. There was a bunch of damage to his car. He could barely open his car door to get out. His fender was off, headlights out and broken. The front sides of his car were seriously damaged.


 This is just a bit of the damage to our car. I'm afraid that besides needing a new bumper, a paint job, that the majority of the work will be electrical. We will soon find out.  Thankfully, there is no argument over who's fault this is.

The funny thing is that the shop is right next door to an attorney's office. The main attorney came out and said, "I usually don't come to accident sites, but when they happen in front of my office, I must get a look." He and an associate were out taking pictures. Doubt anything will come of it. Again, clear case.

1 comment:

  1. Wow....insane. I hope the guy learned something about texting and driving He's lucky he didn't hurt a person!

    ReplyDelete