Star Wards Chapter 2

Thursday, July 12, 2012

leaving vegas...

This was our last picture of the trip...it was taken before going to the airport to fly home.
I enjoyed my time with Clyde. He always makes trips fun! love you!

Synopsis:

*I was surprised by all the smoking...it is everywhere... and all the open alcohol containers and public drinking, as it was everywhere too. I was also surprised by the amount of nudie advertisements and cards that people tried to give us. Sin City gets it's name honestly.

*The mountains looked like big dirt clods to me. Being able to see for miles and miles was also different. I like the mountains here in NC better than in Arizona and Vegas. Everything was so brown. It is pretty but I think ours are prettier.

*I liked Vegas better at night.

*We saw a homeless man peeing on a building in the broad day light. We also saw an older Asian lady get arrested and on that Vegas Cops show. (I was wondering if we would see any filming of that.) Also the Pawn Stars shop is in a dumpy part of town on the Vegas Blvd. And we didn't see any Sisterwives...

*UNLV is a pretty campus, but really, does studying take place??

*Food is good, but learned where not to go. It can also be quite expensive. If you go off the strip for a few blocks, there are other eateries. Also- In and Out Burger sucks. Five Guys and Smashburger (my favorite) are way better.

*Mystere Cirque du Soleil is worth the money to see. Bellagio light show was very pretty. Treasure Island show was cheesy. Next time I must get photos of Kotton Kandy, the transvestite on the street.

We had a great time, but I don't know if we would return to Vegas on our next vacation. Very happy that we got to spend time together and got to see Sin City with our good pals.

No comments:

Post a Comment