Star Wards Chapter 2

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

lice

Lice has been going around our school like wild fire, for the last three weeks. By sending our wardlings to school, I knew that we were playing a game of roulette. Yesterday, one nit was found in Penny's hair and so she was sent home. I wasn't upset that I had to come and get her, I was upset that she got it from school and that the school seemed flippant about this situation. I would hate to be an AP or Principal in our children's school now.  I spoke to both the AP and P yesterday afternoon. I know that I am not the only parent to express my concern &  frustration with this situation. This is just so gross to have it continue in school. Parents have been calling the Health Department left and right. I think that I was expecting this new school to go above and beyond when a situation arose. In it's student creed it talks about 'having high expectations in myself and in others." The school seems to preach it to our children, but doesn't seem to live by that statement itself. At this moment, and it is a moment of frustration, I am rethinking our decision to have our children there. Homeschool is looking pretty good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment