Star Wards Chapter 2

Sunday, April 7, 2013

easter sewing

I teach a few of the YW in our ward sewing lessons. I have been doing this for some time now. I love it! The girls were at the skirt phase of their sewing lessons a couple of weeks ago. JoAnns didn't have fabric that I liked, but HobLob did. Erin wanted polka dots and Lib wanted tourquiose.  I thought that they would like these fabrics for their skirts.
 I fell in love with the gray and thought that P's Easter dress would be adorable out of it.  Erin and Libby made their Easter skirts this year.  After a failed attempt to find me something to wear for Easter Sunday at the mall, Clyde took me back to HobLob for gray fabric. Did I mention that was the night before Easter Sunday?  I think that Erin and Libby's skirts turned out great! Only a few tears were shed, when I told one of my daughters they had to take out the waist band and redo it. I understand why moms send their girls to me for sewing.  Teaching my daughters how to sew has been a challenge for me.

Overall, the Wardlings clothes turned out nicely.  The hardest part of making Easter clothes was getting the Wardlings (all 6 of them) to participate in some pictures. Really guys? Picture taking sessions like this one, happens maybe 2-3 times a year and they (those pesky photo shoots) would go alot smoother, if you would do what I wanted the first time. :)!








No comments:

Post a Comment