Star Wards Chapter 2

Sunday, April 7, 2013

french revolution project

The week before Spring break, Josh had a project due for Social Studies on the French Revolution.  Clyde helped Josh with a cool power point. Pictures, music, info made the power point great! They really did a great job on it.   Josh had asked me to make him something neat to wear, but since he had the power point, I figured a costume wasn't really necessary.  The night before the project, I thought that Josh was right, he needed a costume. The presentation would look better, if he were dressed up.  I got to work making all the little pieces that made the outfit. I consulted with Sis. D to make sure that the costume was indeed french and not British looking.  Her suggestions were to add lace at the knees and a ribbon. I love that lady! The lace and ribbon totally completed the outfit. Josh is actually wearing some of Jacob's suit pants.  My Mom had given me the ribbon and the lace with pearls in it, that made the jabot and cuffs.  Penny's pre-k teacher had given me bags of Cone Mill samples that made the vest and Josh's suit jacket was whipped stitched back to make the cutaway look.

About a week and a half before the project, Josh's SS teacher asked about a costume for him too. It was funny to Josh to see his teacher try costumes on. I think the men look great in their costumes and hopefully Josh got an A!

No comments:

Post a Comment