Star Wards Chapter 2

Friday, December 28, 2012

another broken bone

 This time it was Penny. Clyde and I are on the Stake youth committee, where really all we do is set up for dances and help with a few activities. Our big New Years Eve dance with 4 stakes is tonight. Yesterday we went to the stake center to start decorating. Clyde left me and the girls there, while he took the boys into the doctor. (They are having a few of my sick symptoms.) We had decorated one of the behind- the- basketball-goal pads and opening packages to start the next one, when I saw Penny fall off the stage. She landed on her arm/ elbow. I scooped her up and my first thought was that she had dislocated her shoulder. Once she stopped crying, I could get an answer out of her that her arm hurt. She pointed at everything from her wrist to her elbow. After about 45 minutes, she was up and running around, playing with cousins, so I didn't insist on taking her into the doctor. However, this morning, she was still complaining of her arm hurting and the pain was more towards her elbow. Got her an appointment this afternoon and lo and behold it was as the Dr. put it, crushed. nice. She was air casted and then sent over to have a CT scan. She has to wear the air cast for a week, then more xrays, and then a more permanent cast.
That, for those counting, is 3 broken wardling bones in the last 3 months.

New Year's eve dance pics...


No comments:

Post a Comment