Star Wards Chapter 2

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas post

This year was off a bit. I was busily working at the shop until about a week and a half before Christmas. Once I was let go, I had a very strict sewing regimen that I had to stick too. I had previously made gifts for others on purpose, so I could work on my children's gifts during that time. I went back into the shop to use the fancy equipment and knocked out 3 pairs of pj's one day and overlocked the pieces to 2 dresses. I still had buttonholes to make, buttons to sew on and elastic to insert, but the pj's were sewn. I made Libby's dress one day and Erin's the next. I had already figured out a "Finn hat" pattern at the shop one day, with Sis. D's help and knocked out 2 of those for the boys. I painted ornaments, knitted and crocheted scarfs. I even had a few minutes to semi finish matching pj's for Penny's Bitty baby when everything came crashing down. Me. I was hit hard by some type of flu. I was achy, feverish, freezing and hot all at the same time. I had no energy at all. I had no voice at all. I could barely breathe and the cough was nasty. The only thing I could taste was the gunk in my head. Nasty gross for sure. Then the strept surfaced. I even had the scarlet fever rash on my chest. My ears hurt, my throat hurt, and I couldn't move further than going from the couch to my bed, to the bathroom. That was it. I hadn't gotten anything wrapped, nothing was baked, no Christmas cards were sent. Clyde was amazing. He spent hours cooking and cleaning. He wrapped presents. He took care of sick kids and a sick me. He filled prescriptions, gave us our dosages at the right times and heard alot of grumblings. He was and is amazing. I haven't been this sick in years. Absolutely miserable was I.
     He even organized and shopped for the stuff for the New Years Eve dance. I am truly thankful for my love. He totally made this Christmas spectacular. I am still not 100%. Hopefully this week will get me back to 100%. Thanks Clyde for everything!! xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment